Where are your future clients?
The goal here is to create a sales pipeline, meaning a list a companies you are planning and willing to contact. There are many sources from which you can find them:
– Facebook: there are plenty of facebook pages who are just waiting on your bot building talents. Try focus on the ones that already have interactions with their audience and also potential engagement rate through their posts. Tips: an active facebook page will more likely receive messages, that means a chatbot would be a good fit. If the business uses facebook to sell it’s even better for you because a bot can definitely increase their results.
– LinkedIn: the professional network can help you connect with many decision makers
– Google: you can easily find businesses inventory where lists are arranged by industry
– Networking events / associations / clubs: you get to meet entrepreneurs who would love to meet you and discover your services
– Networking apps: another opportunity to meet potential customers (such as Shapr, etc.)
– In your city: show up to a potential business, any type of that uses the internet for communicating / interacting about their product / service.
– Your website: our website has brought us a lot of valuable opportunities. Make it clean and simple to understand.
We would first advise you to find companies who are located near you as your goal now is to get more experience and focus on a healthy communication between you and your clients. For instance, starting with businesses in your city, region and country. Because bots are all about conversations, it’s going to be more relevant for you to know the language and culture very well. Cross borders when you have already built many projects.
The majority of businesses are not yet familiar with bots, so they will certainly come up with a lot of questions. Show that you are present and ready to collaborate. Side note, if your peers ask you to build chatbots for them, great! It’s up to you to do it for free, we actually started our first bot for a family business so definitely take this opportunity to train and mastering your craft. If you are curious, willing to start this adventure and meeting new people, it’s just a matter of willpower and having an open mind. Knock and the door shall be open unto you.