Introduction: the chatbot Builder opportunity
F8 2018 (annual Facebook conference) announced 300 000 bots have been created between 2017 and 2018. They also said that 8 billion messages had been sent to business Facebook pages against 2 billion the previous year.
What does it mean?
Each year Facebook & Messenger users talk even more to businesses and as a consequence: one of the biggest opportunity for chatbot builder is to help this transition by providing bots!
Is it really just the beginning? YES.
- There are more than 90 millions Facebook business pages
- Facebook will invest even more in their messaging app, simply because they want to increase the interactions between their users and businesses and good news …
Your chatbot skills will help them!
(Bonus: Facebook announced their intention to merge their messaging apps: Messenger, Whatsapp and Instagram DM’s. Going from 1.3 billion monthly active users to a potential of 2.7 billion… ) So what are we waiting for? Happy bot building!
Create your first bots for clients
When it come to creating your first bots, bots builders often ask themselves what all the possibilities are… And you’re right there are so many possibilities but please… keep it simple and start with something you will have fun to create.
Why should you keep it simple?
Keep it mind that companies don’t care how complex your bot is, they need something USEFUL, and most of the time it is simpler than you might think.
Focus on improving one problem at the time, don’t forget it is a relatively new technology, start small and be ready to scale.
Turn you skills into value
As this is a new industry, you can become relatively fast an expert in the field… And to become one faster, learn how to really well communicate with companies.
Yes companies heard about bots, but most of them don’t really understand their values.
I’ll give you 3 tips how to communicate better with them:
- Pitch less, ask more questions to really well understand how you can help them.
- DON’T communicate on features or on the hype of chatbots, communicate over the DIRECT GAINS
- Show them visually how it looks like during a demo
- Bonus and reminder, keep the whole communication very VERY simple